Just move here to Metro Detroit? Are you a local resident interested in buying from local farmers? Well here is a great map for you! The Detroit Free Press published a phenomenal map and list of all the local farmer markets and u-picks in Metro Detroit / Southeast Michigan area. This covers Oakland County, Livingston County, Macomb County, Wayne County, Washtenaw County, and Monroe County.
1. Brighton Farmers Market, 200 N. First St., Brighton. 8 a.m-1 p.m. Sat. through Oct. 31. For info: 810-955-1471 or www.brightoncoc.org.
2. Fowlerville Farmers Market, 204 W. Grand River, Fowlerville. 3-7 p.m. Fri. through Oct. 9. For info: 517-294-6088 or http://fowlervillefarmersmarket.webs.com/.
3. Green Oak Farmers and Community Market, 11299 Grand River Ave., Brighton. 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Sun. through Oct. 25. For info: 313-590-1960.
4. Hartland Farmers Market, 9525 Highland Road, Hartland. 9 a.m-1 p.m. Sat. For info: 810-632-1030 or www.hartlandchamber.org/.
5. Howell Sunday Farmers Market, State and Clinton streets, adjacent to Historic Livingston County Courthouse, Howell. 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Sun. through Oct. For info: 517-546-3920 or http://howell.org/.
6. Eastpointe Farmers Market, East Brook Commons parking lot, 9 Mile & Gratiot Avenue, Eastpointe. 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Sat. For info: 586-445-5480 orwww.eastpointefarmersmarket.com/.
7. Mt. Clemens Farmers Market, 141 N. River Road at park-and-ride lot west of I-94, Mt. Clemens. 7 a.m.-1 p.m. Fri.-Sat. through Nov. 21. Downtown market is 2-6 p.m. Wed. at South Gratiot and Pine Street. For info: 586-493-7600 orwww.mountclemensfarmersmarket.com/.
8. New Baltimore Farmers Market, 50976 Washington, New Baltimore. 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Sun. through Oct. 26. For info: 586-215-7484 orwww.newbaltimorefarmersmarket.com/.
9. Shelby Township Farmers Market, 49965 Van Dyke, Shelby Township, on Packard Proving Grounds. 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Sat. through Oct. For info: 586-943-5785 orhttp://shelbyfarmersmarket.com/.
10. Sterling Heights Farmers Market, 40620 Utica Road, Sterling Heights. 3-8 p.m. Thu. through Oct. 29. For info: 586-446-2700 or www.myshpr.net.
11. Warren Farmers Markets, 1 City Square, north of 12 Mile and off Van Dyke, across from GM Tech Center, Warren. 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Sun. through Oct. 18. Owen Jax location is open 2-7 p.m. Thu. beginning July 16. For info: 586-268-8400 orwww.cityofwarren.org/.
12. Dundee Farmers Market, 223 Tecumseh (M-50), Dundee. 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Sat. and 4-7 p.m. Wed. through mid-Oct. For info: 734-529-2688 orwww.dundeefarmersmarket.com/dundee_farmers_market/Welcome.html.
13. Monroe County Farmers Market, 20 E. Willow, Monroe. 7 a.m.-noon Sat.-Sun. year round. For info: 734-241-9570 or www.farmersmarketmonroemi.com/.
14. Beets, Beats and Eats, 395 Mill St. in Crossman Park, Ortonville. 6-9 p.m. Fridays through Sept. 4. For info: 248-240-0907 or http://downtownortonville.org/.
15. Beaumont Hospital Royal Oak Hometown Harvest Farmers Market, 3601 W. Thirteen Mile, Royal Oak. 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Thu. through Oct. 1. For info: 248-898-3031.
16. Birmingham Farmers Market, L-shaped parking lot (Lot 6) on the east side of North Old Woodward, north of Harmon Street, downtown Birmingham. 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Sun. through Oct. 18. For info: 248-530-1200 orwww.birminghamfarmersmarket.org/.
17. Clarkston Farmers Market, Clarkston Community Education Building, 6558 Waldon, Clarkston. 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Sat. through Oct. 10. For info:http://clarkstonareafarmersmarket.weebly.com.
18. Clawson Farmers Market, Clawson City Park, 1080 N. Custer, Clawson. 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Sun. July 12 through Sept. 27. For info: 248-435-6500 orwww.cityofclawson.com/.
19. Downtown Rochester Farmers Market, East Third and Water streets, 1 block east of Main, downtown Rochester. 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Sat. through Oct. 31. For info: 248-656-0060 or www.downtownrochestermi.com/.
20. Farmington Farmers & Artisans Market, Walter E. Sundquist Pavilion in George F. Riley Park, Grand River Avenue at Grove St., Farmington. 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday’s through Nov. 7. For info: 248-971-5882 or www.downtownfarmington.org/.
21. Huron Valley Farmers Market, 300 W. Livingston Road, Highland. 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sat. through Oct. 3. For info: 248-755-1195http://hvfarmersmarket.weebly.com/.
22. Downtown Lake Orion Farmers Market, S. Anderson Street, Lake Orion. 2-7 p.m. Wed. June 17 through Oct. 21. For info: 248-693-4986.http://downtownlakeorion.org/farmers-market-2/.
23. Lathrup Village Farmers Market, 27400 Southfield Road, Lathrup Village. 2-7 p.m. Wed. through Oct. 21. For info: 248-557-2600, ext. 224, orwww.lathrupvillage.org.
24. Milford Farmers Market, 115 Liberty, between Main and Union, Milford. 3-8 p.m. Thu. through Oct. 15. For info: 248-891-8222 or www.milfordfarmersmarket.org/.
25. Novi All Seasons Market, 45175 Ten Mile Road, Novi. 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Sat. through Oct. 24. Mid-week market location is 28115 Meadowbrook Road, Novi. 4-7 p.m. Wed. June 17-Oct. 17. For info: 248-347-0400 or www.cityofnovi.org/.
26. Oakland County Market, 2350 Pontiac Lake Road, Waterford. 7 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Tue., Thu. and Sat. May through Dec.; 7 p.m.-1:30 p.m. Sat. only Jan.-April. For info: 248-858-5495 or www.destinationoakland.com/countymarket/.
27. Oxford Farmers Market, northwest of Burdick and M-24 (behind the Funky Monkey) in downtown Oxford. 2-7 p.m. Thu. and 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sat. through mid-Oct. For info: 313-570-7316 or www.oxfordopenairmarket.com/.
28. Royal Oak Farmers Market, 316 E. Eleven Mile at Troy Street, Royal Oak. 7 a.m. – 1 p.m. Sat. year-round. For info: 248-246-3276 or www.ci.royal-oak.mi.us/portal/community-links/farmers-market.
29. South Lyon Farmers Market, Lafayette and West Liberty, South Lyon. 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Sat. through Oct. 24. For info: 248-437-1735 orwww.downtownsouthlyon.org/1/316/farmers_market.asp.
30. Walled Lake Farmers Market, Walled Lake Event Field, 1499 E. West Maple, Walled Lake. 7 a.m.-1 p.m. Wed. through Oct. For info: 248-624-4847www.walledlake.com/.
31. West Bloomfield Farmers Market at Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital,6777 W. Maple Road, West Bloomfield. 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Wed. through Oct. For info: 248-325-1000.
32. Wixom Farmers Market, 48900 Pontiac Trail (across from City Hall), Wixom. 3-8 p.m. Thu. through Aug. 13. For info: 248-624-2850 orhttps://wixomparksandrec.com/docs/farmersmarket2015.pdf.
33. Ann Arbor Farmers Market, 315 Detroit St. in Kerrytown district, Ann Arbor. 7 a.m.-3 p.m. Wed. and Sat. May-Dec.; 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Sat. Jan.-April; 4-8 p.m. Wed. June -Oct. For info: 734-794-6255 or www.a2gov.org/departments/parks-recreation/parks-places/farmers-market/Pages/default.aspx/.
34. Bushel Basket Market and Chelsea Farmers Market. Both markets are at 222 S. Main St. near downtown Chelsea. 2-6 p.m. Wed. and 8 a.m.-noon Sat. For info: 616-734-9123 http://chelseafarmersmkt.org/.
35. Cobblestone Farm Market, 2781 Packard Road, Ann Arbor (located in Buhr Park). 4-7 p.m. Tue. through Oct. 20. For info: 734-531-7604 orwww.cobblestonefarmmarket.org/.
36. Dexter Farmers Market, 3233 Alpine, downtown Dexter. 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Sat. and 2-6 p.m. Tue. For info: 734-426-8303 or www.dextermi.gov/.
37. Dixboro Farmers Market, 5221 Church Road, Ann Arbor. 3-7 p.m. Fri. through Oct. 23. For info: 734-707-1607 or www.dixborofarmersmarket.org/.
38. Pittsfield Township Farmers Market, 6201 W. Michigan Ave., Ann Arbor. 3-7 p.m. Thu. through Oct. 1. For info: 734-822-3152 www.pittsfield-mi.gov/.
39. Saline Farmers Markets, South Ann Arbor Street, one-half block south of Michigan Avenue, in downtown Saline, 8 a.m.-noon Sat. through Oct. 10 and 3-7 p.m. Tue. through Sept. 29 at the Saline Library, 555 N. Maple. For info: 734-429-3518 or www.cityofsaline.org/?module=Page&sID=farmers-market.
40. Westside Farmers Market, Zingerman’s Roadhouse parking lot, 2501 Jackson, Ann Arbor. 3-7 p.m. Thu. through Sept. 24. For info: 269-370-7029http://westsidefarmersmarket.com/.
41. Downtown Ypsilanti Farmers Market, 16 S. Washington, downtown Ypsilanti. 3-7 p.m. Tuesdays through Oct. 27. For info: 734-786-8401 or www.growinghope.net/.
42. Ypsilanti Depot Town Farmers Market, between Depot town and Frog Island Park, 100 Rice, Ypsilanti. 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Sat. through Oct. 31. For info: 734-786-8401 or www.growinghope.net/.
43. Allen Park Farmers Market, Park Avenue between Harrison and McLain streets, Allen Park. 2-7 p.m. Fri. through Oct. 30. For info: 313-928-0940 orwww.cityofallenpark.org/Community/Farmers-Market.aspx.
44. Brownstown Farmers Market, Event Center parking lot, 23345 King Road. Noon-6 p.m. Tue. through Sept. 15. For info: 734-675-5911 or www.brownstown-mi.org/.
45. Canton Farmers Market, Preservation Park, 500 N. Ridge, Canton. 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Sun. through Oct. 18. For info: 734-394-5375 or www.cantonfun.org/.
46. Corktown Farmers Market, 1236 Michigan Ave., Detroit. 4-7 p.m. Thu. through Oct. For info e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org orwww.corktownfarmersmarket.com/.
47. Dearborn Farmers & Artisan Market, Michigan Avenue between Mason and Howard streets (behind Bryant Library), downtown west Dearborn. 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Fri. through Sept. 25. For info: 313-584-6100 orwww.dearbornfarmersartisansmarket.com/.
48. Detroit Eastern Market, Russell Street between Mack and Gratiot, east of I-75 off Mack exit, Detroit. 6 a.m.-4 p.m. Sat. year-round and 9 a.m-3 p.m. Tue. through Oct. 27. For info: 313-833-9300 or www.detroiteasternmarket.com/.
49. Grosse Pointe Woods Farmers Market, 20025 Mack Plaza Drive on the City Hall lawn. 10 a.m.- 2 p.m. Sun. June 14 through Oct. 11 For info: 313-343-2440 orhttp://www.gpwmi.us/.
50. Lincoln Park Farmers Market, Southfield Road and Fort Street. 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Sun. through Oct. 25. For info: 313-427-0443 or www.lincolnpark.govoffice.com/.
51. Livonia Farmers Market, Wilson Barn, 29350 W. Chicago at Middlebelt, Livonia. 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Sat. June 20-Oct. 10. For info: 734-261-3602 orwww.wilsonbarn.us/wilsonbarn.us/Welcome.html.
52. Northville Farmers Market, 7 Mile and Center (Sheldon), downtown Northville. 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Thu. through Oct. 29. For info: 248-349-7640 or www.northville.org/.
53. Northwest Detroit Farmers Market, North Rosedale Park Community House, 18445 Scarsdale St., Detroit. 4-8 p.m. Thu. through Oct. 1. For info: 313-387-4732 ext. 103.
54. Plymouth Farmers Market, the Gathering, a roofed area, and surrounding area in center of downtown Plymouth, across from Kellogg Park. 7:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Sat. through Oct. 31. For info: 734-453-1540 or www.plymouthmich.org/.
55. City of Wayne Farmers Market, Goudy Park, Wayne. 3-7 p.m. Wed. through Oct. 28. For info: 734-786-8401 orhttp://waynechamber.net/1/348/farmers_market_.asp.
56. Wayne State Wednesday Farmers Market, 5401 Cass Avenue in front of Reuther Library. 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Wed. through Oct. 28. For info: 313-577-2398 orhttp://clas.wayne.edu/seedwayne/Wayne-State-Wednesday-Farmers-Market.
57. West Park Farmers Market, Kercheval between Maryland and Beaconsfield, Grosse Pointe Park. 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Sat. and 10-a.m.-2 p.m. Wed. through Oct. 10. For info: 313-822-2812, ext. 202, or www.grossepointepark.org.
58. Westland Artisans and Farmers Market, 1901 N. Carlson, Westland. 3-7 p.m. Thu. through Oct. 8. For info: 734-786-8401 or www.cityofwestland.com/.
59. Wyandotte Farmers Market, 102 Elm, corner of First and Elm, downtown Wyandotte. Noon-6:30 p.m. Thu. June 11-Oct. 1. For info: 734-324-7298 orwww.wyandottefarmersmarket.com/.
STRAWBERRY U-PICK FARMS
60. DeGroot’s Strawberries, 4232 Bull Run, Gregory. For info: 517-223-3508 orwww.degrootsstrawberries.com/.
61. Spicer Orchards, 10411 Clyde, Fenton. For info: 810-632-7692 orwww.spicerorchards.com/.
62. Blake’s Orchard & Cider Mill, 17985 Armada Center Road, Armada. For info: 586-784-5343 or www.blakefarms.com/.
63. Blake’s Big Apple Orchard, 71485 North Ave., Armada. For info: 586-784-9710 or www.blakefarms.com/.
64. Blake’s Almont Garden Center, 5590 Van Dyke, Almont. For info: 810-798-3251 or www.blakefarms.com/.
65. Miller’s Big Red Apple Orchard, 4900 W. Thirty-Two Mile, Washington Township. For info: 586-281-3555 or www.millersbigred.com/.
66. Westview Orchards, 65075 Van Dyke, Washington Township. For info: 586-752-3123 or www.westvieworchards.com/.
67. Verellen Orchards & Cider Mill, 63260 Van Dyke, Washington Township. For info: 586-752-2989 or www.verellenorchards.com/.
68. Whittaker’s Berry Farm, 6724 Todd, Ida. For info: 734-269-6612 orwww.whittakersberryfarm.com/.
69. Middleton Berry Farm, 4790 Oakwood, Ortonville. For info: 248-831-1004 orwww.middletonberryfarm.com/.
70. Rowe’s Produce Farm, 10570 Martz, Ypsilanti. For info: 734-482-8538 orwww.rowesproducefarm.com/.